Friday, August 10, 2012

"Friendship"

What's your definition of 'Friendship'?

Mine cannot define it with one or two words but many, that some of you may or may not agree with.
The first thing that comes to mind when I think of 'Friendship' is respect.

Respect covers many areas for me in a friendship. It means absolute acceptance and no judging! It means consideration and thoughtfulness. It means being there to support a friend through thick and thin and helping no matter what they are going through. It means I don't always have to agree but I must always offer them an alternate view for them to choose, if they wish to. It means laughing with that person and crying with them when needed. It means honesty and sincerity with the correct set of words! Honesty doesn't give you a reason to use insensitive comments.
Those are just a few under the heading of 'Respect'.

The second thing that follows 'Respect' is 'Loyalty'.
Loyalty means truly being there, not just with nice words but with action! Too many chit chats and how are you doing questions, that mean nothing when one does not give a toot about what is really going on!
Loyalty to me, means a friend will never betray you nor abandon you for any reason no matter what.
Not for love; not for fame and certainly, not for money.
Loyalty earns trust and without trust, it's difficult to remain in the friendship!

It's really sad to say that in my life time, I have not experienced more than 2 friends that have reciprocated this in my so called 'Friendships'. I have many, who call themselves 'Friends' but they never have the same definition as I have, when it comes right down to it. My friends of 10-25 years have betrayed me over the silliest and smallest things under the 2 categories I just mentioned.

Perhaps, I just ask for too much, but do I really?
Is it too much to ask for what I can give and have given all my life?
I follow all my codes of conduct when it comes to Respect and Loyalty, even until today. No matter how many times I have been betrayed or abandoned, I don't tell my friends who hurt me "Game Over stupid!" but I do distance myself as their inconsideration and selfishness drive me away.

I have 2 friends that I laugh and cry with...
I may not see them all the time but when I do, we cannot hug each other enough and we literally throw gifts at each other because not a day goes by, that we do not wish each other the best things in life.

This particular Blog is dedicated to those 2 very special friends of mine and they know who they are! I will always take you with me as I climb higher in life. I love you and thank you for being you and loving me, the way you do.

Peace To All!

No comments:

Post a Comment